VidaBabes please read the below for details on how to care for your Vida De Luxe bundles and other frequently asked questions.
How to measure your Vida De Luxe bundles?
- Our hair is very true to length, each bundle is measured before we ship to you. The hair should be measured when it is stretched to as straight as possible.
How do I wash my Vida De Luxe bundles?
Lets start with shampooing!
- Select appropriate hair care products (that are alcohol and sulfate free). We recommend co-washing the hair before install. Before washing your hair, we do recommend to gently comb it to remove any tangles, to decrease risk of massive shedding. Shampoo with cold water and be sure to wash product out throughly. Wash your hair at least 1 time per week to eliminate product build up and tangles. Use a clarifying shampoo to remove product build up. For normal washing we recommend the following brands (Vida De Luxe is not in anyway associated with or sponsored by these brands): Dove Nutritive Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo & Conditioner, Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Shampoo & Conditioner, Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner, Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner.
- Select appropriate hair care products (that are alcohol and sulfate free). To lower chance of dryness, it is important to keep your hair moisturized to prevent damage. Apply conditioner throughout hair and gently work the conditioner in the hair. For best outcome leave on hair for 5-10 minutes. Use a wide-toothed comb to gently detangle hair. Rinse your hair well with luke warm water.
- Deep conditioning your extensions occasionally is recommended, however do not over condition the hair, as the build up of product will affect styling.
How do I dry my Vida De Luxe bundles after washing?
- Dry your hair by blotting with a towel or t-shirt. Do not rub. We recommend the air-drying method as the best option for drying your hair while maintaining the quality.
How do I style my Vida De Luxe bundles?
- We recommend using a light-weight oil or light leave-in conditioner on hair to decrease risk of the hair drying out. Wash your hair immediately after swimming, or any activity causing excessive sweating. Hair will typically become tangled when dirt and/or sweat accumulate. Do not cut the weft during installation, unless absolutely necessary (as you can expect shedding thereafter). VidaBabes, 3 months is the maximum for a weave on head.
Is it safe to use a curling/flat iron on my Vida De Luxe bundles?
- Yes! Please use a quality styling or heat protectant serum to decrease damage, prevent frizz, seal in moisture and add shine. We recommend 160-180 degree Celsius or 320-360 degree Fahrenheit.
Can my Vida De Luxe bundles be bleached or colored?
- Yes, however we do recommend that coloring your hair be performed by professionally trained stylists or experienced individuals. If not familiar, DO NOT experiment on your virgin hair bundles, please consult your hair stylist. Improper chemical processing damages hair.
Having an itchy scalp? Here are some helpful tips to relieve itchiness.
- Your scalp may get itchy at times while wearing any hair extensions. If so, you can fill a spray bottle with Sea Breeze Astringent (dilute if necessary) and spray directly on your scalp. Try to avoid spraying your hair since the smell is quite strong. Another helpful remedy is Apple Cider Vinegar. It has been proven to balance your hairs pH and relieves an itchy scalp. We recommend applying Apple Cider Vinegar directly to your scalp in a spray bottle. (Perform at your own risk, results may vary depending on scalp/skin sensitivity, allergies etc. Vida De luxe takes no responsibilities of individual effects)